Oct 30, 2008

Street View hits Italy!

Google Street View for Italy just launched and It's giving me a serious case of Rome-sickness. The official blog post has some great views of the city, so I'll share a few of my favorite non-historic places. For starters, I can see a view down the street to the John Felice Rome Center where I lived, studied, and worked for three years:


View Larger Map

(You can click to zoom or drag to look around on all of these shots)

The "Green Bar" where we used to go for coffee and chocolate croissants:


View Larger Map

OK, I can't resist--here's my favorite church (architecture-wise),
The Basilica of St. Giovanni in Laterano:


View Larger Map

And Marie's favorite,
The Basilica of St. Maria Maggiore


View Larger Map

I could go on for hours, so I'll close out with the greatest gelateria in the world, Cremeria Monteforte (run by my good friend Roberto):


View Larger Map

Drag the image around 180 degrees to see that it's facing the side of the Pantheon. Oh man, now I'm seriously craving a big cup of Roberto's Cioccolato Semifreddo.

1 comment:

David Welton said...

Cool! Hopefully they'll get around to some other places, like, say, Padova, soonish!