Apr 15, 2007

It's Made of Meat!

If you've ever talked to me for more than 20 minutes, you've probably heard me say "It's made of meat, so it's good for you!". This quote comes from a spoof radio ad that I found on the internet circa 1996 (which is 134 years in internet time). After I first heard it, I downloaded it and listened to it a number of times, laughing uncontrollably--I can't explain why.

Somehow over the next few years, I lost my copy of it, and no amount of searching the net would turn it up, so I pretty much gave it up for lost until one day in 2001 when I was going through some old hard drives. I was just making sure that there wasn't anything valuable on them before I threw them away and I came across a file with the somewhat odd name meat.au (ogg format here). Sure enough, it was The Meat Ad.

The upside of this discovery is that I now have proof that I didn't just dream up this whole meat thing, even though I still can't explain why I find it funny. And when I visited the guys at skinnyCorp a few years ago, they gave me a Meat T-Shirt.

And yes, it's all meat. So it's good for you!

No comments: